Hilton achieves landmark performance in APAC region
In 2017, Hilton achieved breakthrough growth and expansion in the Asia Pacific region with 40 new hotels opened. It now has a total of 220 hotels in operation with 415 still in the pipeline.
It surely was a big year for the Hilton brand.
During its momentous year, Hilton introduced many industry-leading customer innovations and was recognized as one of Asia’s best multinational workplaces. It also appointed new leaders to re-energize its teams.
Alan Watts is its new Executive Vice President & President, Asia Pacific and Qian Jin is the first Area President for Greater China & Mongolia. Having enhanced its leadership team in China in 2017, the company has also appointed Navjit Ahluwalia as Senior Vice President and Country Head in India.
“It was an amazing year of further growth for Hilton in the Asia Pacific in 2017, coupled with recognition of our position as a market leading employer and the most innovative in our industry,” said Watts. “Travel and Tourism continue its rise to become a leading employer and contributor to Asia’s economy and we are at the forefront of a trend that will see us create hundreds of thousands of jobs across the region in future years.”
Under new leadership, Hilton is looking forward to an even bigger year.
APAC Growth Highlights
- Hilton expanded its footprints throughout the region with more than 40 new hotels, driving strong growth across its 14 brands.
- It opened the 100th hotel in China, Hilton Quanzhou Riverside, and the 200th hotel in the Asia Pacific, Waldorf Astoria Chengdu.
- It is now one of the fastest-growing hospitality companies in the Asia Pacific with 220 hotels in operation by year-end and 415 hotels in the pipeline.
- Hilton signed 164 deals, spanning 30,000 rooms with highlights including the first Canopy by Hilton in the region.
- Hilton now has eight million Hilton Honors members in APAC, following an enhancement of its benefits.
- Introduced Digital Key to Singapore, China and Japan.
- Rolled out “Meet with Purpose” across hotels in APAC to offer meeting and event clients a mindful, sustainable, and well-balanced experience.
World’s Best Workplace
- Hilton now has more than 48,000 Team Members in APAC
- Recognized as one of Asia’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work.
- Celebrated the first graduates of the Hilton Vocational Training Center, who gained full-time employment with the brand in Myanmar.
- Continued to create opportunities with a focus on diversity and inclusion through Women in Leadership programs.
- Rolled out Thrive@Hilton, an employee value proposition that enables its Team Members to grow and flourish. Hilton has worked with Thrive Global to create the benefits and programs that matter most.
- Released the 2017 Global Youth Wellbeing Index in partnership with International Youth Foundation at the United Nations Youth Assembly.
- Partnered with the China Foundation for Poverty Alleviation to support 60 youth-led charity societies in universities across China.
- Strengthened communities through Global Week of Service and disaster relief efforts, including the response to the earthquake in Jiuzhaigou, China.
- Eliminated the use of plastic bottles at all meetings, events, gyms and spas in all Hilton hotels in China, preventing 13 million plastic bottles of waste annually.
Hilton plans on continuing its rapid expansion this year. It includes the opening of Waldorf Astoria Bangkok, marking the luxury brand’s entry into South East Asia, and its second luxury property in India, the Conrad Bengaluru.