(25 Feb 2021)
Prasarttong-Osoth, President of Bangkok Airways, has been
appointed as the very first President of the Airlines Association
of Thailand (AAT).
The Airlines Association of Thailand was jointly established on
25 January 2021 by the following seven airlines: Bangkok Airways, Thai AirAsia, Thai
AirAsia X, Thai Smile Airways, Nok Air, Thai Lion Air and Thai
Notably, AAT does not include the national carrier, Thai
Airways, but does include Thai Smile, which is a wholly owned
subsidiary of Thai Airways.
According to a statement issued by the association
on Wednesday, AAT has been formed to:
• Develop airline services in Thailand in order
to achieve sustainable standards and to strengthen the aviation
industry in Thailand;
• Integrate development to promote and support
government agencies for the development of aviation and tourism;
• Conduct or support a program to produce of
“knowledge packs” related to aviation and tourism, including joint
research and development to enhance the aviation industry in
• Promote, support and collaborate with charitable
The President, Vice Presidents of the Association and board
1. President Mr. Puttipong Prasarttong-Osoth:
President of Bangkok Airways Public Company Limited.
2. Vice President Ms.
Charita Leelayudth: Chief Executive Officer of Thai Smile Airways
3. Vice President Mr. Aswin Yangkirativorn: Chief
Executive Officer of Thai Lion Air.
4. Vice President
Mr. Woranate Laprabang: Chief Executive Officer of Thai Vietjet.
5. Vice President Mr. Nadda Buranasiri: Chief
Executive Officer of Thai AirAsia X.
6. Vice President Mr.
Santisuk Klongchaiya: Chief Executive Officer of Thai AirAsia.
7. Hostess Ms. Sayada Benjakul: Corporate Affair
Director of Thai Vietjet.
8. Treasurer Mrs. Nednapang Teeravas: Chief
Customer Service Officer of Thai Smile Airways.
Registrar Mr. Tul Midewan: Senior Vice President, Revenue
Management of Nok Air.
10. Foreign Affairs Ms. Nuntaporn
Komonsittivej: Head of Commercial of Thai Lion Air.
Public Relations Ms. Plernpis Kosolutasarn: Director –
Marketing Activity and Tourism Associate of Bangkok Airways:
12. Secretary Mr. Krid Pattanasan:
Head of Government Relations, Thai AirAsia.
More on this to come.
Travel Industry News,
Optimism from Thai AirAsia CEO as AAV Reports Net Loss of THB 4.7 Billion